Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Singapore

Hello all,

it’s been awhile but I was on holidays in Singapore and Bangkok for awhile so once I got back I was packed with work.

Anyway during my stay in Singapore I meet up a fellow FW member who was in Singapore and decided to try some fishing in Singapore which unheard of haha cause most Singaporeans come to Australia to fish but I am going to Singapore to fish.

The place we went to is Yishun MRT and you would of passed a huge lake area well you can fish in there but only in the legal area we were fishing in the canal going into the lake which count as running water and also a legal area but there are signs saying you can’t fish in the canal but don’t mind those as I confirm with all the local shops but just don’t pass the net into the lake side as that illegal waters. We aiming at getting some local snakeheads and peackcock bass using lure as baits are not allowed in freshwater areas.



Lures here are mostly top water spinners or poppers and the time we arrive it was early morning and alot of action in the water but ... we didn’t get much except a nice sized bass.



Next trip I will have to prepare a bit better with lure suited for this area haha... Instead of using bream lures....

Another fishing trip well not really was at edi ponds in pasris. This is a pond which allow salt or freshwater catch and release and we talking big size fish at least 4kg mark. Being a first time i had no idea how to fish in a pond so it was a slow day which one big run which i lost at the side to the wall ... but i have to say it was a huge fish as my drag was raging ! Another thing you can do at the pond is try some prawn fishing which is pretty cool and a must try if you down there.

0 comments: