Yesterday's trip was started around 3pm, first headed to the south mole to try catching some rock crabs. Rock crabs are great bait for snapper but I recommend making traps as I tired to hand catch them but they move very fast but you will able to get a few. After a few attempts I moved on to our fishing spot at the north mole which hopefully will land us a pinkie.




Around 7 pm my friend Shane joined me to join on but I haven't had much action though did the rest of the mole. We were using slimy mackerels and fillets of mullet for bait but no luck. Around 8pm just a couple of fishermen setup right next to us and within 10 mins they had hooked up on a PINKIE. This wasn't a small one either, it have to be around 7-8kg though they nearly lost in the rocks but one of them daring enough to go down with those wave to grab in the rock as the leader had snapped just as the last min.

My other 3 friend had arrived but Shane and I were in a rush to re-bait the rods and get them set as it was a good sign they were around. Time passed and we called it a night around midnight.
Hopefully after these storms there will be more snapper at the mole and we will hopefully catch our first Australian snapper off the rocks.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Snapper Hunt
Posted by Hsiehlung at 3:35 PM
Labels: Saltwater Fishing Trips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment