Out of this horrible weather lately, today was a semi decent day to try catch some fish but with beach currents playing a muck, me and my mate decided to try some bream fishing at our new fishing spot on the swan river.
We roughly arrived 6am with the water semi still,no wind and super low tide. In the next 5 mins we were getting nibbles but these weren’t blowies nibbles... thinking our hooks were to big I add a small hook off another line from the main line to see if I would get any bites on that one. After the first cast BANG we had our first bream of the day and it wasn’t hooked on the small but the big hook. We measured him at 23 cm so he had to go back.
During the next few hours the bream were really hungry and biting anything that went into the water. I finally hooked up a decent size bream at 25cm which is legal size and decided to keep him as he was nice and fat. Had a few small ones also which I threw back in too before we ran out of bait....
Next time I bring my fly fishing gear and also more bait....
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Blackies In The Swan
Posted by Hsiehlung at 9:40 AM
Labels: Saltwater Fishing Trips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment