Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Beginning

Hello all,

My name is Brendan Hsieh Lung Chua, I am 21 when I posted this as we all age. I was born in Perth Western Australia but my background is Singaporean, sometimes I even I am the black sheep of the family since I am the only one born in Australia. I am love fishing, anime, shuffling and travelling though I am sure as I grow older it will change a bit.

I started fishing with my dad, catching fish off the rock in Fremantle which is a great thing to start but as I got older I found other things to do (girls, drinking , clubbing ... you know those kind of things) and my dad became too busy with work to go out with me to fish so I stopped. Only during this year of 2009 some of my friends decided to get into fishing and have been doing regularly now as if you lived in Perth there’s not alot to do at our age. It’s a great sport to get into though it can be $$$ when look at some high profile equipment but saying that you can always start on the cheap stuff and slowly work your way up.

My beliefs about this hobby are that only keep the fish you are going to eat. Seriously don’t bother catch and killing fish if you not going to eat them and just let them sit in your freezer it are just a waste. Another thing I also believe in is that there is no PROS in fishing only people who are know what they are doing if that make sense to you. It just saying that anyone can catch a fish but people who know what they doing are able to catch the fish more than people who don’t know what they doing and just anyhow get a rod and cast.

Last month I also started up a new way of fishing, Fly fishing which is an art itself. From the way to cast to tying a fly is just amazing. Though I said there no such things as pros but I have to say fly fishing is a bit different and you can tell who the pros are.

I hope to post soon about some of my fishing trips as I plan to go fishing this week if weather permits.

Anyway I hope you all enjoy reading my blog and follow me.

0 comments: